Goals & Assessment
Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Assessment Methods
Measures of success of the MFA Program include the following:
- Success of student and faculty publications of quality peer-reviewed creative or scholarly work.
- Success of papers and creative work presented by students at academic conferences and other professional venues that result from the thesis project.
- Success of academic and professional positions, commissions, or other professional venues in which students practice their professional or creative work resultant from the thesis.
- Success of students and faculty in securing external funding for creative or research work.
- Success of students and faculty in securing other venues in which to create and disseminate work.
- Success of awards and honors received by students and faculty.
- Success of the ability of graduates to enhance, continue, or secure meaningful employment in their field upon graduation.