Master of Fine Arts in Interior Architecture
Please note that the information below is specific to applicants to the Master of Fine Arts in Interior Architecture program.
All applicants to the MFA in Interior Architecture are reviewed by the Graduate Review Committee. Accepted students must comply with all rules and regulations set by Suffolk University concerning academic standing, readmission, transfer credit, residency requirements, and academic dishonesty as published in the Suffolk University Graduate Catalog.
Applicants to the Master of Fine Arts in Interior Architecture (MFA) must meet Suffolk University Office of Graduate Admissions standards criteria before being considered for acceptance into the MFA program, including the submission of a Goals Statement and TOEFL scores for foreign language applicants. In addition to Graduate Admissions application criteria, applicants to the MFA must meet the following requirements:
1. Have TOEFL scores of 600 paper/250 computer/100 internet for international students.
2. Hold a baccalaureate degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Architecture, or Environmental Design from an accredited school with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Preference will be given to applicants who have had a minimum of two years career experience in the fields of interior design or architecture.
3. If you wish to be considered for merit-based financial aid, submit your official GRE scores, or document successful completion of wither the NCIDQ or ARE examinations.
4. Submit a Letter of Intent (500-700 words) describing your professional and/or academic work and your intended area of research in Interior Architecture. Discuss your goals and how the MFAIA program will help you to focus your research in support of your professional goals.
5. Submit a portfolio of professional work in the discipline of Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture.
Please Note: A personal interview with the Program Director is strongly suggested.
|Fall Admission||Application Priority Deadline: June 15|
Where to go from here
|Schedule a campus visit or register to attend an information session.|
|Apply to Suffolk!|
|Office of Graduate Admission|
8 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108