Nacer Benkaci, Assistant Professor
Assistant Professor, Interior Architecture & Design
|Office||75 Arlington St., 4th floor - room 404|
Master of Architecture, University of Southern California
Master of Urban Planning, University of Southern California
Bachelor of Architecture, Ecole Polytechnique d'Architecture et d'Urbanisme, Algiers, Algeria
Courses Taught at The School of Art & Design
Thesis Research, Thesis Studio, Thesis Documentation, Codes and Construction, Contract Design I
My teaching philosophy is to help the student develop critical skills as well as graphic and verbal communication for a multidisciplinary approach to solve issues in interior environments. I emphasize design process and its explanation, references and their link to the issue, and innovation as part of the conceptual approach to interior environments. As a teacher, my goal is to nurture and encourage their initiative; support their passion, and engage each student towards developing professional practice.
Recent Professional Highlights
- 2011: Member of the Cultural Diversity Committee, Suffolk University
- 2009-2010: Master planning for a residential and commercial development, Dubai, UAE
- 2008: Private residence renovation and addition, Westwood, MA
- 2007: Private residence renovation and addition, Weston, MA
- 2006: BSA Housing Award, citation for Atelier 505, a commercial and residential mixed use building in Boston's South End.