Harry Bartnick, Professor
Professor, Foundation Studies
The Most Invasive Species (Overpass), 1996, oil on canvas
|Office||75 Arlington St., 2nd floor - room 213|
MFA, Syracuse University
BFA, Tyler School of Art, Temple University
Courses Taught at the School of Art & Design
Color, Painting, Foundation Drawing I, Foundation Drawing II, 2-Dimensional Design, 3-Dimensional Design
I believe that the student's best route to success in the arts will come through:
Subjecting one's work to the toughest scrutiny, by oneself and by others.
Developing steady, consistent work habits.
Creating a studio environment where the highest degree of concentration is possible.
Enjoyment of the creative process, with its moments of exhilaration as well as frustration.
Recent Professional Highlights
- 2011: 100 Boston Painters, Schiffer Publishing, Lancaster, PA
- 2004: Civil Engineering and Painting, Royal Academy de Bellas Artes, Madrid, Spain
- 2004: Civil Engineering and Painting, Royal Academy of San Fernando Press, Barcelona, Spain
- 2001: John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship
- 2001: Aeronautics and Painting, AENA and Lundweg Press, Barcelona, Spain