The New England School of Art & Design at Suffolk University is an artistic and intellectual community that fosters creative thinking and provides its students with an intensive, relevant, and rewarding education in the visual arts. With the guidance of our professional faculty, aspiring artists and designers learn to build both theoretical and practical foundations, expand their vision, and explore new avenues of expression.
- The school seeks a diverse student population with the intellectual curiosity to explore the creative process, embrace new challenges, and pursue intellectual and aesthetic excellence.
- The undergraduate curricula, in fine arts, graphic design, interior design and illustration, combine a thorough visual arts education with a comprehensive grounding in the liberal arts.
- The graduate curricula, in graphic design and interior architecture, provide a strong basis for critical reflection, independent inquiry, and imaginative interdisciplinary design solutions.
- We choose as our faculty practicing professional artists and designers who are also seasoned educators; they therefore bring to the classroom a realistic, practical perspective on the arts.
- The faculty provides guidance as students achieve a mastery of traditional skills, while developing proficiency in new and emerging visual technologies.
- We encourage students to recognize the power of the visual arts in contemporary society.
- Our campus takes advantage of its geographical location in the heart of Boston, extending our classroom activities into the city’s vibrant cultural institutions.
At the School of Art & Design at Suffolk University, a life in the arts begins.