To the Guidance Community:
Simply put, there's never been a better time for your students to become Suffolk University students. Here's why:
- Applications for admission have continued to increase: We received 10,550 applications for freshman and transfer admission this past year.
- We will be welcoming a freshman class of approximately 1,400 entering students.
- This past year, applicants came from 32 states, the District of Columbia and 98 countries.
- Students applied from 730 secondary schools from around the world.
- Students of color comprise 18% of the enrolling class.
- This year Suffolk was named one of the Princeton Review's Best 368 Universities.
- Our campus in Madrid, Spain, continues to provide a wonderful, affordable International option for our current students.
- The Honors Program burnishes the University s academic reputation by providing its most highly qualified and promising students an unparalleled opportunity for growth and achievement. This past year, more than 400 students applied for this highly selective program. Thirty entering Honors Scholars received full tuition scholarships.
- In January 2010, we opened our third residence hall at 10 West Street. This facility provides students with modern apartment-style rooms and common living areas.
- In partnership with New England Cable News Network (NECN), we opened a new high-definition television studio in February 2010. Students taking television production and broadcast journalism classes with our Communication and Journalism Department complete their assignments using the latest technology.
- We can accommodate group visits to campus.
And that's just the beginning.
We fully understand the impact you have on the futures of the students with whom you work. Helping students and families navigate the college admission process helps alleviate the pressure they all feel at this crucial time. We are truly grateful for everything that you do.
We encourage you to email or call at 617.573.8460 if you have questions about Suffolk or a prospective applicant.
Thank you for your interest in Suffolk University.